- Construction of stalled Leeds hotel could resume in August
- Who’s up, who’s down? Leeds local elections 2016 in numbers
- Leeds local elections – welcome to the new multi-party system (and “new politics”)
- Sad milestone – sales of Yorkshire Evening Post drop below 20,000 for first time
- Council set to give thumbs down to broadcasting Leeds planning meetings on the web
- WHAT DO WE WANT?
- Bad news, good news, data and the Leeds housing crisis
- Head of Leeds review replaced following “concerns” from Ann Maguire’s husband
- Five things we’ll remember The Yorkshire Post for this week
- More poor results for Leeds local newspapers. How and when will it end?
Tag Archives: empty homes
I’m a big fan of the Yorkshire Evening Post, but I’m struggling with its front page “exclusive” news story this morning. Yes, yes, there’s a housing crisis in Leeds. And yes, “it’s time to end it”. And yes, as the paper … Continue reading
Below is a video of Leeds City Council contractors demolishing the last of 76 terraced houses being cleared in the Garnets area of Beeston, in the south of the city. The houses weren’t worth doing up. Apparently. And pulling them … Continue reading
This morning and this afternoon a conference is being held in Beeston, Leeds, to see what can be done to bring empty homes back into use in the city. It’s an action day that is the direct result of campaigning by … Continue reading
Leeds City Council has announced that the number of long-term empty homes in the city was slashed by a third in 2010-11. I say “announced”, but the figures have been released buried in a State of the City Report that’s … Continue reading
The first sod’s being cut on Friday of a new Council housing development in Beeston – 55 new houses, the Council says, for social rent and shared ownership that are going to be built on a brownfield site by Bramall … Continue reading