- Construction of stalled Leeds hotel could resume in August
- Who’s up, who’s down? Leeds local elections 2016 in numbers
- Leeds local elections – welcome to the new multi-party system (and “new politics”)
- Sad milestone – sales of Yorkshire Evening Post drop below 20,000 for first time
- Council set to give thumbs down to broadcasting Leeds planning meetings on the web
- WHAT DO WE WANT?
- Bad news, good news, data and the Leeds housing crisis
- Head of Leeds review replaced following “concerns” from Ann Maguire’s husband
- Five things we’ll remember The Yorkshire Post for this week
- More poor results for Leeds local newspapers. How and when will it end?
Tag Archives: european capital of culture
Some FAQs about what’s going to happen after Leeds council bosses rubber-stamp a report next week (18th March) recommending the city bid to become European Capital of Culture in 2023. Q: Who’s going to run the bid? A “strategic steering … Continue reading
The deed is almost done. Sometime soon, maybe in the next couple of weeks, the responses to the grand consultation will have been published and council bosses will be giving their thumbs up to Leeds bidding to become the European Capital … Continue reading
European Capital of Culture in 2023? We may be gearing up to apply in Leeds, but it’s not for Manchester apparently. An opposition motion going before a meeting of the city’s council tomorrow calls on chief executive Sir Howard Bernstein … Continue reading
Hot on the heels of last week’s public meeting, Leeds City Council’s leaders are about to begin their debate on whether Leeds should bid to become European Capital of Culture in 2023. The council’s executive board (made up of senior … Continue reading
A friend took me to one side the other day in the pub to ask me why I didn’t do stories using lists and numbers and pictures. “It’s the future of news,” she said. “You know, like Buzzfeed? When they have 10 … Continue reading