- Construction of stalled Leeds hotel could resume in August
- Who’s up, who’s down? Leeds local elections 2016 in numbers
- Leeds local elections – welcome to the new multi-party system (and “new politics”)
- Sad milestone – sales of Yorkshire Evening Post drop below 20,000 for first time
- Council set to give thumbs down to broadcasting Leeds planning meetings on the web
- WHAT DO WE WANT?
- Bad news, good news, data and the Leeds housing crisis
- Head of Leeds review replaced following “concerns” from Ann Maguire’s husband
- Five things we’ll remember The Yorkshire Post for this week
- More poor results for Leeds local newspapers. How and when will it end?
Tag Archives: planning
Meetings of Leeds City Council’s top decision-making body are set to be broadcast live over the internet starting at the latest in April this year. Members of a senior committee are expected to give the go-ahead to the new webcasts … Continue reading
Developers have lodged an appeal against a council decision to turn down their plans for a major new housing development in East Leeds. Councillors rejected the application by the Scholes Development Company and Barratt David Wilson Homes to build up to 700 … Continue reading
Councillors sitting on a planning panel in Leeds are being warned not to fight an appeal lodged with the Planning Inspectorate over the construction of 92 houses on a greenfield site in Morley. Developer Persimmon Homes lodged the appeal after … Continue reading
Plans to demolish the historic Middleton Arms pub to make way for an Aldi supermarket look set to be rejected after Leeds City Council’s chief planning officer came out in favour of retaining the building and the mature trees in … Continue reading
Tesco’s planning application for a new store in Beeston has been further delayed. The application was supposed to have been discussed at a meeting of Leeds Council’s Plans Panel (East) in early September, but now won’t be heard till November … Continue reading